Monday, February 16, 2009

1,001 Great Pick-Up Lines


1,001 Great Pick-Up Lines, by Tanqueray Sterling Vodka

"Compiled through a survey that asked bartenders and their customers to name the best pick-up lines, this collection features funny, clever, and romantic ways to make a favorable first impression."


I bought this for 25 cents, and while I don't regret it, neither would I have spent a penny more. Some of the lines are wonderfully cheesy, just the way I like them ("I'm lost. Which way to your house?" and "No wonder the sky is grey today. All the blue is in your eyes.") but it can be hard to find the gems among the insane ("Excuse me for not getting up. I broke my ankle falling off a polo pony."), the stupid ("Do you like chunky or smooth peanut butter?") and the downright creepy ("Gosh, you're pretty."). Still, it's good for a laugh, and inspiration. As a bonus, if you ever want to get out of a date fast, many of these also work as exits, since I can pretty much guarantee you that no one is looking for that special someone to say "You look just like the Mona Lisa's younger sister."

No comments:

Post a Comment